The Phaidon Atlas Of Contemporary World Architecture – Phaidon
One of the biggest books (literally) of the year is The Phaidon Atlas Of Contemporary World Architecture.
As well as being an essential resource for architects and related professionals, this enormous book will be coveted by every global traveller who has an eye for beautiful buildings. Before stepping on a plane, the cultured traveller will first consult ‘The Phaidon Atlas Of Contemporary World Architecture’ to ensure that they experience, first-hand, the most beautiful modern architecture in the world.
Three years in the making, this Architectural Atlas has drawn on the expert knowledge and commitment of hundreds of individuals and organisations. Following months of analysis and debate, a preliminary list of over 4,000 buildings that represent the best of international practice was finally whittled down to the 1,052 best new buildings in the world.
- The only resource of its kind, the book presents, in one volume, the most outstanding works of architecture from all over the world built since 1998.
- The first and only book to bring together over 1,000 buildings from more than 75 countries as culturally and geographically diverse as Argentina, Botswana China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Guinea, Hungary, Israel, Jordan, Kashmir, Lithuania, Mozambique, Nepal, Peru, Romania, South Africa, Turkey and the USA.
- A unique global account of the astonishing diversity of architecture at the turn of the 21st century.
- Places the work of internationally acclaimed architects alongside that of the next generation of emerging architectural stars and those currently unknown outside their own country.
- Includes every building type from the smallest single houses, chapels, wineries and schools, to the largest art galleries, airports, high-rise towers, law courts, embassies and libraries.
- Each project has been nominated by a panel consisting of 150 leading names in the international field of architecture, including critics, curators, journalists, academics and practitioners.
- Contains over 7,000 photographs, plans, elevations and cross sections as well as an incisive text and essential data for each building.
- Includes specially commissioned maps that locate all the buildings.
- Presented in six geographic regions – Oceania, Asia, Europe, Africa, North America and South America.
- Includes a comprehensive cross-referencing system to track work by each architect in different regions of the world.
- A truly unparalleled resource that presents easily accessible world data on the number and location of practising architects, architecture schools and architecture students.
Buy a copy of The Phaidon Atlas Of Contemporary World Architecture now from our merchant partners!
The Phaidon Atlas Of Contemporary World Architecture – $215.47 was $275 Save 27% – FREE delivery anywhere in Australia.
The Phaidon Atlas Of Contemporary World Architecture – $250 was $275 Save 9% – FREE delivery anywhere in Australia.
Read this book? – Leave a comment or review below.
BookOffers.com.au Christmas Competition
BookOffers.com.au in conjunction with Dell is giving one lucky reader the chance to win two Dell Computers of their choice for Christmas – one for you and one for a friend.
Entry is free – simply click the banner below and fill in your details and your in with a chance to win!