The Kobo eBook Reader is the latest ebook reader to hit the Australian market. On sale at both Angus & Robertson and Borders it is now available for pre-order. It will go head to head with the Australian Kindle and should prove to be a hot seller, especially for Christmas.Here are the key features of the Australian Kobo eReader
- 1GB Ram holds 1000 books.
- Comes pre-loaded with 100 classic novels
- 5 selectable font sizes
- Quilted back cover
- Simple 4 button interface
- 2 week battery charge
Australian buyers need to think about the following before purchasing
- The Kobo does not have a online ordering store like the Australian Kindle. Books need to be purchased via your PC and transferred to the Kobo using the included USB cable.
- The Kobo supports the EPUB standard as well as having support for PDFs
- PC, Mac, iPhone and Blackberry apps are available and you can snych your Kobo to these devices if you have them installed
- Supports up to a 4GB memory card for expansion