Amazon Kindle – Now Available In Australia – BookOffers Buyers Guide
Amazon.com today announced that the Kindle Fire HD & Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ will join the Kindle Paperwhite and standard Kindle being available in Australia from June 13 2013. Australian book lovers have fallen in love with the Kindle range and the addition of the new Kindle Fire HD models has been hotly anticipated.
Here is the Direct Link to purchase the Australian version of the Kindle - be very careful to buy the correct Kindle version for Australia.
The full Kindle range available to Australians is as follows
- Kindle Fire HD – USD $214
- Kindle Fire HD 8.9″ – USD $284
- Kindle Paperwhite 3G – USD $199
- Kindle Paperwhite WiFi – USD$139
- Kindle – USD$89
Australian buyers need to think about the following before purchasing directly from Amazon
- Add around USD$20 for shipping (via Priority International Courier)
- Delivery is estimated at 3-5 days to Australian addresses. Ours arrived in 4 days
- A power cable is not included – a micro USB cable is included so you will need to charge it from your computer or buy a mains power adapter
- Books are priced in USD – most around USD0.99 – USD$9.99 – make sure you convert this to AUD before purchasing
- The Australian Kindle 3G coverage map is here -it uses an AT&T SIM card and a global roaming arrangement, which doesn’t cost you anything – there are no subscription fees or mobile data plans involved.
- Australian customs may charge for import duty – but probably won’t. (They didn’t charge us for purchasing one)
- Kindle models are also available from Dick Smith and some Woolworths, however will be more expensive than purchasing direct from Amazon